Saturday, May 10, 2008

Summer love!

I found myself a fling! Yeah.. that's right. I have a little love interest and it involves me and big fat summertime! I love my summer. I love the Arizona sun and driving in my big brown truck with my windows rolled down. I love wearing shorts and flip flops and eating ice cubes hour after hour. Mmmmm. I love playing with Emma and Matthew in the pool and later taking naps with them on the living room floor. My fling consists of a real strong foundation of open-endedness. I know what to expect with this summer... a whole lot of working. I started work within two days of being home and will work up until I leave, but I truly am grateful for work. I also know that with my planned activities... anything is game. "Now all I wanna do is spread my wings and fly..." I love my summertime music tracks that give me that super excited feeling in my tummy and make me wanna go dancing in the middle of the street. Don't think I wouldn't do this. Been there, done that. Summer means seeing old friends and making new ones. I love that :). It means late-night swims and early morning jogs (thank you AZ heat). AND! Sonic trips, slip and slides, the camp food fight, field trips with millions of children, tan lines, summer institute, summer book list, library trips, weekly temple visits, tortillas, getting my braces off on june 17th!!!!!!, and just being happy.

My summer fling makes me happy and brings me contentment. Isn't that what every relationship should bring? I thunk so. So go make the most of YOUR summer! Eat a banana popsicle, go camping, be creative. And just BE HAPPY.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH ! Let's do it together... lot's and lot's... just LOVED seeing you the other day and sorry we didn't have a proper "goodbye" but we'll just be seeing each other again REAL soon! LOVE YOU girl!

Stephanie Walker said...

I like your post. I've been dreading the summer, but I need to have a better attitude. There's lots of fun stuff you can still do even when it's 115 degrees outside. Right????

Jenn -- said...

We miss you Caraline! Don't melt. Love, J.

katielizabethawkes said...

is it scandalous if we have the same love interest?
And yes...banana popsicles.
I put Toto on my blog.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Bravo! I love the summertime too. I know that it gets super hot in AZ, but I have a lot of good memories that happened in that blistering heat. AZ summers will always hold a special place in my heart. I especially love monsoon season. :)

Russ and Debbie said...

Hey there, love the post. Is it okay if I read your blog?

Lindsey and Brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey and Brett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey and Brett said...

so what are you going to do if the summer doesn't love you back? In september are you going to call it on the phone and cry and be all "why don't you like me, summer? why did you hang out with me so much if you never even liked me like that in the first place??? I just feel like you led me on"

are you going to do that?

Love,

Brett