Monday, April 7, 2008

I am alive.

I guess because only like five people read my blog... I'm really never inclined to write new posts. But I figured its time to update you on my life :)

This weekend was General Conference and it was absolutely AMAZING. I just love hearing Apostles of the Lord speak and give much needed counsel. What an inspiring weekend. Such a boost. I was able to see my dearest Gilbert girls. A weekend full of Chad Michael Murray and pastries... WHAT could be better? I swear I could watch "A Cinderella Story" over and over and over again and never tire of the the magic. And I finished my forever dreaded Art History 202 paper that I'm turning in TODAY! and can finally release the burden. Last night, I ate dinner with my dear brother, Jesse, and an apartment full of boys. Just what I'm used to! It's always nice to get away from the girls (I say that as a general term... no certain girls in particular) and step into familiar territory of the no drama zone. Conference weekend makes me miss my family. The truth is... I've been missing my family all the time! I've never had trouble with homesickness before but recently it's been a different story. I loved Elder Nelson's talk on restoring faith in the family and the ties we have with our sealed extended families. What a blessing. It'll be nice to be home for a summer and refresh on why I love the Walker family so much. Less than a month and I'll be home!!! Overall, it's been a beneficial weekend and I'm ready to take on another week!

2 comments:

Stephanie Walker said...

Love the post! We missed you this weekend. The kids had fun running around destroying your parents house while we attempted to watch conference. I don't think they broke anything in your room...that i found anyway. J/K! Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

katielizabethawkes said...

you + next weekend = in cedar with me.

so let it be written so let it be done??