Thursday, July 16, 2009

I WILL FINISH!

i registered for school today! 4 classes now. one more to add. 16 credits total.
school school school.

i love school.
i remember getting a real phone call from the first boy that told me he liked me in 1st grade. he wanted me to go to a movie with him and his mom. i could taste the vomit rising into my mouth.

i remember curling my hair with rag ties the night before the first day of 3rd. boy, i had crazy hair the next day. i got made fun of and never wanted to curl my hair again. thanks, you stupid boys.

i remember the first time i experienced the pit in my stomach as i sat, waiting for my science teacher, to pass out an exam. i was in SIXTH GRADE.

i remember still wanting my mom to pack me a lunch my Junior year of High School. and she did. because she loves me :) she made me my lunch this week for work. best meat and cheese sandwich on the planet.

i know i'll look back in twenty years and remember things about my undergraduate and potentially graduate experience. i'm going to be married and going to school. that's a first. but this i promise you... i will finish. even if is from the Devil's school. no but really, i will always love school. and although i hope to never stop learning, i do hope the end to my bachelor's is sooner than i know.

even if it takes me a million years...

5 comments:

mimilee said...

woah, woah, woah.. Devil's School? surely, you only mean SUN Devil's school... then, i'll accept.

Lindsey and Brett said...

I'm glad to hear you're so driven. I'm also glad that you realize it might take a million years. It's not that I think you're going to procrastinate or anything like that... but with marriage comes new responsibilities and new priorities. But I know you will finish. :) Good luck with those devils.

Jenn -- said...

See what you learn when you work for me? Miss you!

Naomi Martineau said...

I LOVE THIS! Even having to change to a new school and have new generals and such to complete, your determination is admirable. Keep it up! Even though I've only been married for 3 months, people think I'm crazy for staying in my major (meaning not switching to something "easier", as if college can be easy!) or for just plain not dropping out. I'm not even in classes right now, but already its hard with just ONE of us taking classes. Hang in there girl! When we graduate, I think we will have an even greater sense of accomplishment.

Ann said...

The Devil's School? What could you possibly mean?

Keep at it. Every girl needs a good education - and a fall back plan.