Tuesday, September 15, 2009

World's Greatest

Do you remember that movie about Muhummad Ali starring Will Smith? It's theme song is stuck in my head and gave me the title to this blog.

I had the world's greatest wedding! The whole day was awesome- few glitches here and there but it didn't matter because I was surrounded by family, friends and food. The three most important F's. Some of my highlights for the wedding day:

*Grandpa Walker sealed us in the LDS Temple. He was the officiator of the wedding and made the day so much more memorable for the whole family.
*My dress was incredible- BETTER than J.crew. Last week I finally received an email saying that J.crew dress had been located on eBay, and if I wanted it, it was mine. Total cost of J.crew dress = $1,800. Total cost of my dress = $165. ZING!
*My mom did my hair and it was perrrrfect! We practiced a lot. She's the queen of up-do's.
*Matthew cracked his head open at the luncheon, which technically isn't a "highlight" but it is noteworthy (poor guy).

I just loved the entire experience and am so glad it's over! After two receptions, I am convinced that wedding stuff is overrated. However, the honeymoon is not overrated. Between brown bath water, "diarrhea since Easters", and jet ski chaffing, Ryan and I had the world's greatest honeymoon! We really had a lot of fun. We met some fun people and enjoyed the Mexican waiters who knew only few English words like "bon a ppetite" (which is actually French... but we didn't tell them that). Since it's Mexico, I did get sick, but continued to eat as many tacos and jalapeƱo poppers as possible. No upset stomach can stop me from eating the spiciest of foods.

We were glad to get home but were not glad to find the black mold in our apartment. Thankfully, it is now removed and neither of us show signs of tuberculosis. We've settled in and enjoy our darling apartment, mostly furnished and mostly odorless. We appreciate all those that sent gifts and money and deeply appreciate the value of a good knife. Ryan and I are both in school and working, and we enjoy the moments when we can just sit and veg. Ryan loves football season, playing basketball, and his iPhone almost as much as he loves me, and he is often found involved in one of the three in his spare time. I have been cooking everything I can find recipes for: artichoke dip, homemade pizza, muffins, cookies... the list is only growing. Ryan told me I couldn't cook anything new for a while because the leftovers are overflowing our fridge. I'm a little hesitant, but will resist.

Life is just new and fun right now. We've decided to re-apply to BYU for the Summer term. I'm nervous. The first time Ryan applied was just a kick-in-the-pants process and we don't know that this time will be any different. However, Ryan catches me wearing my BYU shirt daily and looking on their website often, and knows where my heart is. I miss it dearly and would much rather be there than here. But we do what we do! And we're happy all the way :) So wish us luck!

Oh, I also have the world's greatest husband. That includes this world and the many others. My married blogging life is taking off!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Caraline, you're pictures turned out absolutely beautiful! And you're right, your dress is completely 100% fabulous. I LOVE the sleeves. Oh, and you look great with blond in your hair! You look so gorgeous. Hope you guys are doing well!

Jenn -- said...

Caraline! Love your dress, Love your pictures, Love your post. Miss you terribly.

You are expected to post more than once every two months. Good grief, did I not teach you anything?

Little Beachs said...

Looks like it was perfect! I love your dress. It is so cute!

Ashley said...

K...i've been waiting for the first married post since....well since you got married! haha I keep checking back in and it made my day to see you posted! So great to talk to you yesterday! glad life is great!