Wednesday, November 4, 2009

You've seen the Jane Austen movie, Emma, right? Gwenyth Paltrow captivates me. Call me cliche, but you can never go wrong with Jane Austen. I watched it today and remembered the huge amount of closure Jane brought in to this world.

I feel like I've had a really long day. It's like I've been watching a pendulum swing back and forth, all day long. A funk has been hovering over me for the last 48 hours and I'm ready to turn the lights out and sleep until Thanksgiving. "My goodness, it's like the blind date that wouldn't end!"
-Jennifer Lopez in The Wedding Planner.

Ready for some happy time? Check this out...
I saw this play for my very first time on Thursday! Oh, I loved it. I have no claims to being a huge Broadway junkie. But this playbill will be the first to start my collection.

5 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

I actually haven't seen Emma. Woops. Maybe the next time we're in the same state we should crack open a tub of cookie dough and watch it. Or maybe we could sneak a tub of cookie dough into a Broadway play... well, whatever the case may be, the tub of cookie dough needs to be there. Also, I noticed that I didn't comment on your last blog, but I meant to. Mostly I just wanted to say that that cake is incredible and I'm glad you and Ryan are feeling better.

mimilee said...

you should see sweeney todd... now, there's a musical.

Erin said...

isn't it fabulous! i am a broadway junkie thanks to my mom and aunt...you should go to more...it makes me wish i had could sing and be in musicals!

Jenn -- said...

If you are an Emma fan then you automatically love P&P right?

If you need to disappear into a fun movie. Go watch this: Lost in Austen

You are, as always, darling and I miss you.

Stephanie Walker said...

We are meant to be sisters! Emma is an all time favorite (hello! I named my first born Emma!)and Phantom was the first broadway musical i ever saw and loved. Seen it many times and it just gets better. Glad you are both doing better!