Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Take a picture, it lasts longer.

Pictures are great for a plethora of things:
Capturing memories, retelling stories, blackmail... the list is never-ending.
Here are some pictures I've needed to unload from my camera so I can document the side notes of my life... because I appreciate those side notes.

Ashley Chapman became Ashley Palmer on October 16th. And the week before we had a fun little bachelorette party for her at The Cheesecake Factory. She's got the cutest smile, huh? Oh, and don't worry. Those bottles are sparkling drinks, alcohol free. However, we did drink them from shot glasses. I felt it was totally appropriate.
All the girls. We're all "party party party!" With all of our busy schedules, it is so nice to get together with the girls and play catch-up. A great method for de-stressing. Note to self: find two black articles of clothing that match. Sorry, Mom.

Many times I am amazed at how creative my husband is. I came home last week to THIS ingenuity.

Ryan loves his sunflower seeds.
And he loves his handmade funnel. Includes: paper plate, super glue, and tape.
For my birthday, I was pampered with cookies and cakes galore. Ryan bought me tickets to Phantom of the Opera! I am stoked. Unfortunately, Ryan was sick all weekend so (fortunately) my mom graciously brought us dinner and muffins. One muffin included a star candle for the birthday girl. Ryan wanted to be in my pictures. This is us posing for my birthday blow-out.
It was time for Ryan to give me my space and glory. Right here we have the real deal.
We enjoyed my mom's muffins so much. Nothing spells L-O-V-E like brown sugar.
Here is the finished product. Not included in this picture are the four other muffin wrappers I defeated that night.
Just us lovin my birthday. Nursing Ryan back to health has been a process. Now I'm sick. And I cut my foot open. I just hope this isn't an omen for my 22nd year.

I think in my 22nd year I'm going to stay away from sharp objects and wear closed-toed shoes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caraline, happy late birthday so sorry I didn't wish u a good day ON your birthday! Hope it was wonderful! Ryan looks like a warewolf, never seen him that scruffy!! What marriage does to a man!(-: sounds like u got some good treats for your birthday, so fun! Ryans spit funnel is so gross but so funny ha ha!! Well I love ya to pieces happy late birthday again, can't wait to see ya soon I hope!
Lisa

Erin said...

happy birthday! what a fabulous cake! did ryan make that for you? hope your foot is feeling better very soon!

Ashley said...

First off...way to utilize one reason for pictures- blackmail. That first picture is disgusting! haha

Secondly...i'm glad you had a great birthday being married! i think ryan wanted to be in your pictures to prove you're his. He's proud of you :)

Thirdly...I just saw Ryan at the institute building. First time all semester. Did he just start coming to school? lol jk

Fourthly...lets hang out as married couples soon!

Fifthly...luv your guts!

katilda said...

This was fun. I think funnel-creating is a trait most girls look for in a husband...and star cupcakes.