Thursday, October 22, 2009

If she wants to rock, she'll rock.

How do I view myself?
I view myself as a daughter, a sister, a wife, a June Cleaver in my own right. Ain't no harm in knowing how to bake a mean pie and look good doin' it, right?

I view myself as an expressionist.
I like to express myself through different ways. I am actually really creative while I consume food. Ryan reminded me that while he can eat a quesadilla with a fork, cutting his pieces into exact squares with perfectly applied amounts of sour cream and taco sauce, I cannot. My plate is left with a ring... no.... puddle, of "juice" and my hands are smothered, just like when you eat buffalo wings. (Buffalo wings are my all-time favorite food. You can only imagine my struggles when eating those. It's a struggle going in and a struggle going out.) He says I'm messy. I say it's my creative side.

I view myself as a student.
It's been a long week and I'm kinda wishing it would end sooner than later. Midterms, papers, work, no sleep -- the typical life of a college student. We have eaten pizza four times in the last two weeks. I am ashamed to admit this publicly. Yet just as we've learned from popular t.v. personnel, it is better to come clean and admit your sins to everyone then face years of humiliating regret. And extortion attempts. I swear I have gained a second stomach in the last two weeks. Ryan wishes it were a baby. I tell him it is a baby... a greese baby, made especially with love, from Barro's Pizza.

We are half-done with the semester! And then I'm off to ASU, where dreams come true. I got that job I applied for, so that's good! We'll see how juggling two jobs and a full school schedule will pan out. I'm thinking it'll be interesting. Maybe I should look into making dinners ahead of time and freezing them... so we don't always end up eating pizza.

Also... my birthday is on Sunday :) I just can't help it, but I love my birthday.

5 comments:

Erin said...

hurray for your birthday! where are you going to be working at asu...that is where I work!

Unknown said...

I've had pizza twice this week. We can be ashamed together. And happy birthday!!

Stephanie Walker said...

Pizza is great...I could eat it all the time and never get sick of it...especially Barro's!! If you want to make some freezer meals give me a call. And even though I'll see you Monday for the birthday dinner....Happy Birthday!!!

Jenn -- said...

I view you as a wonderful, most beloved, young lady.

Happy Birthday!

allie askins said...

what have we eaten for dinner the past two weeks?
frozen burritos
frozen chicken pot pie
grilled cheese
frozen pizza
and
popcorn.
when we're busy, we're busy.

p.s.
Happy early birthday. maybe we could meet up one of these days and share a frozen pizza girly