Monday, January 11, 2010

YES!

Observation #1: Productivity pays off.

I follow the counsel of my good friend, Anna, and use a planner. How else would I manage a life juggled around reading chapter books and cooking enchiladas? Thanks to another wise mentor who we will call Kent, because that is his real name, I learned the importance of meticulously diagramming hectic weeks. It's all about visualizing and committing to the times and tasks on the paper. When I see "9:00-9:45: run to Gardner street and back" I know there is no turning back. I've become a blood sister with my conscious and am obligated to do my weekly chores. I vote YES to Productivity. Actually, my obsessive compulsive behaviors have been harbored for a long while. This was all re-iterated to me Saturday when my niece found a paper from my elementary school days. If only I had a picture to show you all. The contents included a detailed list of times and activities for my 10th birthday party, along with back-up plans (in case no one wanted to play my games). I blame my O.C.D. on all my time I spent playing alone in closets and my childhood/adult obsession with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Observation #2: Maybe this explains everything



I just felt like it was time to make this popular again. Thank you to Junior Miss for giving me the opportunity my senior year of high school to wear silly clothes and dance on stage. I vote YES to letting all those childhood inhibitions go.

Before I forget... I finished Hunger Games and it was VERY good. I need a couple of days to soak it all in; the plot line is anything but light. Next, I'll finish Suzanne Collin's series and then jump into the Tunnels books. Also, I have finally received in-state status at ASU! This is huge. Take $10,000-$3,400 and that's what I'll be saving. What a headache its been- I'm grateful for my "pleading" prayers, getting answer to prayers, and now my "thank you" prayers.

6 comments:

Jenn -- said...

I can see now why you fit in so well with all of us. L O V E D the video.
Can't wait to show Kari.

Miss you!

sallysue said...

Hmm, I was never quite that brave.
Good job you, though.
AND congrats on instate tuition. Just got mine last semester...such a relief!
Lastly, So glad you liked Hunger Games. Just beware, though, the last book isn't out yet. sigh. I myself am waiting patiently. Thank goodness for school to help with the waiting thing.

Erin said...

you are hillarious! i love the video. wow, im supppper ocd like you! i planned a road trip with a bunch of girl friends when i was single and totally wrote up an itinerary of every minute of the week long vacation!!!!

Ann said...

This was a talent I didn't know you had! We should have featured you in the WC video's. The women would have LOVE IT!

Stephanie Walker said...

I can not tell you how much I enjoyed seeing that again! Live was better, but my memory was starting to fade. Thanks for helping me to remember what an awesome sister-in-law I have! ;)

katilda said...

Yes. Just yes.