Friday, September 26, 2008

The Sweetest Thing...

There never seems to be too many simple pleasures in life. It's been a long week. I'm tired and sort of ponderish. Maybe its in our weakness that we feel the most humbled. Those little beauties all around me were not as appreciated in my hectic schedule but now that I breathe with full awareness that life IS ok, I want to think of my favorite things. I love walking when the weather is beautiful like it is today. There are so many beautiful flowers on campus. I love seeing these flowers... they're my favorite. Tulips- tulips are my true favorite. Tulips and daisies. Daisies really are friendly flowers. One of my favorite memories as a child was picking berries in Seattle. It may have been the feel of family gatherings, the smell of that old creeky house, or the touch of my Grandma's soft hands that put me in a state of euphoria. Or maybe it was just the pure taste of raspberries. Mmm how I love berries. I have a pretty family that I love so dearly. What do we do with our charismatic fathers or our gentle mothers? What do we do with our ever-fulfilling brothers who want nothing but goodness for you? We love them. That's what we do. "Ain't love the sweetest thing?"

It's a time for more gratitude.
It's a time for more noticing.
It's a time to smile and to love a little bit more.

2 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

Good. being happy looks good on you.

You wrote like 3 new blogs and i cant possibly comment on them all without my brain exploding and ending up writing "ah-kay" instead of actual complete thoughts. Right.

The point is...tulips. And drop-kicking people who make fun of your age. Or sending them my way so i can hip-bump them to Bermuda.

KP said...

hey caroline! glad i found your blog. i agree...i want so many clothes but have 0 money!