Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tuppence a bag.

As if my week can't get any better... this is what I found chugging alongside Warner road without a care in the world. Unfortunately, I could not slow down the car enough to take my very own picture of an elderly man riding a banana seat bike, dressed in camou and a macau. Like it was nothing at all.

In Google Imaging "Man riding bike with macau on shoulder" I discovered that over-usage of words gives you way too many stupid pictures. But I did find a better representation of what I wanted to portray. Although he looks less like the elderly man and more like my dear father-in-law, I thought it was pretty remarkable that people even think to do things like this.


Do macaus adjust well to 115 degree weather? I couldn't help but feel bad for that bird. There's no way that bird would take flight anywhere away from that man's shoulder. Where would it go? Don't macaus live in tropical forests? And isn't camou the worst thing to wear in the middle of July? Fortunately my logic didn't match this man's. Good thing! What would I blog about if I didn't have people like this?

It took me 14 minutes to draw that.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aren't these the best things to see on the side of the road? I told Andrea and Garrett Hello last night and we reminsced about you for the whole ride to the lake before we went swimming. Miss you!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...
This is awesome.
I love your drawing...I'm gonna steal it and make it my desktop background.