Thursday, February 21, 2008

schoolschoolschool

I'm going to start each blog with word that acts as if I'm in the middle of a conversation. Like BUT, SO, REMEMBER WHEN... just because that's the way I talk. I answer phones, begin letters, and talk like I'm conversing with someone who already knows my life story. Just thought I'd preface that.

So because I attend BYU, I feel a lot of pressure academically. Not just during midterms and finals, but ALL the time. Last week was a product of academic anxiety. This week is another week of the mounting stress. And next week will be the pinnacle of pressure. I really do love my classes. I'm taking Sociology 111, Art History 202, American Sign Language 201, Religion 122, and Volleyball 3,000. I love each and every class- they are all tailored to my interest so it's not hard to stay awake or enjoy what I am learning. BUT! It is hard to keep up. Every class... with the exception of volleyball... has more work than I imagined for what seemed like easy classes. Wrong. There ARE NO easy classes at this University. And because last semester I took Suicide 101, my GPA is suffering dramatically. Hopefully I can recover myself and kick some college butt. I will not be weeded out and will not allow my efforts go to waste. I just hope that with full-time school and part-time work I can manage my schedule and come on top. I need to have a little more faith and everything will be alright.

P.S. I think everyone should listen to "I Will Learn To Love Again" by Kaci and dance while doing so.

2 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

you + me = blog friends.
One more way we are slowly but surely flimming into one...flim. Or person. Or banshee.

www.katielizabethawkes.blogspot.com

katielizabethawkes said...

and...ben gibbard sang a song like unto what you named your blog.