Friday, February 29, 2008

Temple


I love the temple. More than words can describe. I went last night with my ward (which consisted of barely 10 people) and it was a great night! I made a goal my senior year to attend the temple once a week. I was pretty consistent with my goal and found an increased amount of the Spirit in my life. Since moving away from my beautiful Mesa temple, I haven't been so consistent. I have probably gone 7 in the past 6 months and wish so much I had a car and that I wasn't so against walking in the cold. I always have excuses. Nonetheless, there are always people willing to take me and time that I can make for the beautiful temple. I just need to step up. Last night the 1st counselor to President Bateman of the Provo temple presidency, spoke to all those waiting in the baptistry. Provo has the busiest baptistry and they are sure proud of it! He shared his testimony with us and it just added to the wonderful Spirit felt. It's so great to know that a temple visit that lasts atleast 2 1/2 hours will become such a strength and booster for me. I need to go more often and do better, try harder.

I LOVE the temple.

3 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

hey funny-face.
do you realize that i had made the goal to go to the Temple once a week when i move to Provo??
We are funny.
And i will have a car....let's go together. Once a week. BFF time.

Alissa Short said...

And after you guys go to the Temple, or even while you wait, you can write me the best letters ever!

Stephanie Walker said...

We just went to the temple last night and i have to agree with you. There's no other place that can make you feel that good.