Monday, October 27, 2008

Caraline Truisms.


I have learned that turning twenty automatically institutes a sense of wisdom. I'm already more mature, more sophisticated, and more knowledgeable. So, please, allow me to enlighten you on recent findings in the last couple of weeks.

#1.) Having blood drawn results in bruising.
I have had some funny health issues and have seen one too many doctor and (forgive my crassness) urinated in one too many a cup. The tricky phlebotomist used kind smiles and tempting cartoon postings on the wall to lure me into her jabbings. I can't help but show everyone my arm- I mean, regardless of age, bruises are still cool.

#2.) Sometimes you really do have to dance.
I feel entitled to dancing. You are as well- just tell yourself its your perogative. It takes one bad day, one bad test, one bad mood, and only one GOOD song to erase any previous care. I recommend using hot sauce bottles with little Mexican men on them to sing to and a sturdy table to dance on. If you have an accessible window that can serve as a mirror... please take this into consideration. Top dance songs that this twenty year-old shakes it to: Mercy by Duffy, Rosanna by Toto, and anything by Justin Timberlake. Great for warding off potential dates.

#3.) Every once in a while buying an expensive sweater is ok.
Remember my post on what I wanted badly? Clothes galore? Well! I bought that cute little sweater from the Gap, just in grey. I love it. I actually talked to the Gap publicist about using me as the sweater model instead of the current model. She needs to "work it" more. Just think about it... me + grey gap sweater + Justin Timberlake = something ripe. It was a pricey sweater. Believe you me, I'm not a fan of spending money but this is just one of those sweaters that truly betters your life. I've worn it everyday since I've bought it. I'm going on three days now. But it's ok because twenty year-olds can do that. Save your money for a nice birthday hello.

#4.) Eating bad food will always be bad for you.
Zuchinni cake? Check. Buffalo wings? Check. Halloween cupcakes? Check check. Snickers minis? Ouch... check. I've reached that stage of being paranoid that every bite of something bad equates to 3 extra pounds. We live in a scary world full of scary foods. Scary but so so yummy. This is not to say that eating this food is against any law. I believe that this bad food can also be a good thing. Think of the joy and happiness it brings WHILE eating. Forget the aftermath... focus on the now. I'm twenty and do I live for today? Check.

More wisdom will follow. Just remember... age encourages wisdom.

4 comments:

Jenn -- said...

Just so you know, that zucchini cake had applesauce instead of oil in it, just for you.

I won't tell you how much sugar there was, that will just make you feel bad.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Very insightful, Caraline. But, also remember you're only 20. You can still get away with being a silly girl. People would judge me for being silly. Getting old is for suckers.

katielizabethawkes said...

mmm....sweaters.
love. it.
need. more.
you + me = shopping in provo.
Wait,let's go to Orem.
Just for some "fresh" air.

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.